The Shoreland Lutheran High School Federation recognizes that the cost of Christian secondary education has the potential of being a challenge for some families. Accordingly, the Federation has established the SLHS Tuition Assistance Program to help families meet the cost of this great blessing.
- Over 1/3 of SLHS non-School Choice students receive financial aid through our tuition assistance fund.
- Many SLHS students receive Full Scholarships tuition through School Choice programs.
The following guidelines are provided to help parents with their application procedures.
Eligibility: The SLHS Tuition Assistance Program is open by application to students currently attending SLHS and to other students who have officially enrolled at SLHS for the next school year. Enrollment includes payment of the Registration Fee. To be considered for tuition assistance, families must submit a new application each year.
Awarding of Funds: On the basis of the information supplied by the applicants, SLHS–with the information provided to School & Student Services (SSS)–will determine assistance. All applications submitted will be considered in the strictest confidence. Applicants will be notified of their award in late June. Financial awards will be credited directly to the recipient’s tuition account.
Repayment Options: Some recipients may see themselves able to repay this assistance or to make contributions toward the Tuition Assistance Fund in the future, in order to help other families. There is no set schedule for repayment or obligation, but your help replenishing this fund is most appreciated and strongly encouraged.
Level of Support: The amount of assistance to be awarded will be based primarily on financial need. Extenuating circumstances may be taken into consideration when awarding assistance. All rewards are subject to available funds. In any case, however, the maximum grant for any student will be limited to 75% of the tuition for the students. Grants will not apply toward fees or other miscellaneous expenses.
Deadlines: The deadline for submitting applications is May 15th. The applications will be reviewed and awards made after that date. If a student registers late, or if the financial circumstances in a family change, the committee may consider applications after the May 15th date. Families should be aware that there is no guarantee that funds will be available after the awards are given in June.
How To Apply:
- The financial need analysis for the upcoming school year will be conducted by School & Student Services (SSS) on behalf of SLHS.
- Please complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS)
- There is a Spanish version of the PFS available to parents. Please fill out the first section of the application and indicate Spanish as your language. This will cause the remainder of the PFS to appear in Spanish.
- You will need the following documents to complete the application: Copies of your current year tax forms including supporting tax schedules, copies of supporting documentation for Social Security income, welfare, child support, food stamps, worker’s compensation, and TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- You will need to pay a $60 application fee via credit card or electronic bank withdraw during the online application process.
If you have questions or concerns about the SSS financial aid application process, you may speak with an SSS Family Support Representative at 800-344-8328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The center offers daytime, evening and weekend hours. Failure to submit all required forms will result in the rejection of the application.
If you have any questions, please contact President Paul Scriver at 262-859-2595 x 207 or email@example.com
SLHS reserves the right to rescind any tuition assistance if the circumstances upon which the grant was issued should change. Recession of the tuition assistance does not release the family of its obligation for tuition, fees, and other charges.
SLHS school code: 200190